This is a complete overview of the IMS Contact Relationship Manager (CRM) functionality. To get more in-depth information about the CRM, follow the additional links provided.
- About CRM
- Adding a Contact
- Investor/ Vehicle Profile
- Profile Tab- contact information, SSN/EIN, Externals IDs, General Comments
- Investments Tab- Project and investment information, Custom tags
- Documents Tab
- Activity Log tab
- Communications Tab- BCC, Add Activity
- Bank Account Tab
- Connections Tab
- Masquerading as an Investor
- Relationship Value/Direct Investments
- Exporting Banking/Tax Information
- Advanced Search
- Signing in as an Investor
- Inviting Investors to the Investor Dashboard
- Email Campaigns
- User Segments
- Activity Log
The CRM is used in IMS to not only keep track of investors and prospects, but also to view their investments, manage their documents, and provide a comprehensive place to store investors’ information. The CRM ties the investor or entity to all investments and activity within IMS.
1. Under the “Contacts” section in the CRM you will find all investor/investment vehicle information.
- Add a Contact: The “Add a Contact” button is used to add individual profiles and investment vehicles to the CRM. It is important to note that while all investment entities require the connection of an individual profile in order to appear on the Investor Dashboard, Joint Account profile types require the creation of two unique individual profiles.
2. In the Investor Profile, there are different tabs to organize the information.
- Profile Tab: This is where the SSN/EIN, phone numbers, addresses, general information, External IDs, and any general comments will be stored. Email addresses must be unique for every individual-type profile. You may use a placeholder if the email is unknown or that investor will not be signing into the platform, however, the email will need to be changed to a functioning email address before that user will be able to sign in.
- Investments Tab: This is where all investment information is stored for that individual or investment vehicle. Custom tags can be created and assigned on this tab. Custom tags can be used to add keywords to your investors to help utilize the Advanced Search.
- Documents Tab: This is where investors’ documents can be viewed and uploaded. The table shows where the document is located for the investor on the dashboard, when it was published, and if it has been viewed. You can delete investor-specific documents from this view, however, if a document is located at the class-level of a project folder, then it will delete the document for all other investors viewing the class document. Documents uploaded on the CRM Documents tab will not have any project or entity association, they will only be associated to the investor.
- Activity Log Tab: This houses an investor-specific, filtered view of the activity log displaying only information related to this investor’s profile. It tracks updates made both by the investor in the portal and by administrators via IMS admin.
- Communications Tab: This is a running list of email communications (both automated and custom) that have been delivered to the investor. Emails sent outside of IMS will be included here as well if they have the BCC from Email Integration settings included. Clicking the subject line of the email will display the email content or you can click on the arrow and choose View from the drop-down menu. If the email was sent as part of a campaign or bulk email, then “View Batch Details” will bring you to the email campaign page to view details on the entire batch.
- Bank Accounts Tab: This is where bank account information for that profile is stored. This information is required if you want to utilize IMS to export NACHA files for processing by your bank. IMS does not process payments. Bank account information can also be added by investors via the portal.
- Connections Tab: This is where all information is tracked regarding connections between profiles. You can add responsible parties with full access to profiles or a more limited view-only connection.
3. Relationship Value/Direct Investments: Direct Investments will show total value of investments placed by that specific profile. Relationship Value includes investments that have been placed by any related investment vehicles.
4. Exporting Banking/Tax Information: This sensitive export can only be pulled down by administrators who have been given permission. It contains unmasked tax ID numbers and bank account details.
5. Advanced Search: This feature allows for more detailed searches and filtering of the CRM. You may have up to five fields at once while using advanced search.
6. Signing In as an Investor: Admins can masquerade as an Investor and login to the Investor Portal to see the investor’s view of the portal. This is view-only access and admins will not be able to adjust the profile or bank accounts, nor will they be able to place investments. *It is important to log out of the profile when you are done masquerading as the investor.
7. Inviting Investors to the Investor Dashboard: This is only available for investors with the status of ‘Waiting.’
Email Campaigns: Allows you to create, send, and view bulk emails to investors in the CRM. IMS also offers BCC integration to allow for email correspondence to investors outside of the system to be tracked.
1. User Segments: This will allow for the creation of groups of contacts that fit a defined condition.
2. Activity Log: This is a log of updates to the investors’ profile either from the admin end or the investor portal. It only tracks information related to investor activity.