Connections in the CRM serve two primary purposes:
1. Allow other parties to place investments on behalf of a contact, access documents, and also share all communications with this party. This is useful for investors who have another person assist in managing their portfolio such as a spouse, accountant, or administrative role.
2. Allow Individual investors to invest with their other investment vehicles such as Entities, Trusts, and IRAs.
1. From the IMS Admin dashboard, navigate to the CRM drop-down menu and select Contacts. (Note: If you want to connect a contact to an existing profile, skip to Step 3.)
2. Select the Add Contact button at the top right and select the Investor Type. Complete the required fields. If you would like to include a *Responsible Party or an Additional Investment Entity (if applicable), add the desired party; you can also select if you would like to share all communications with this profile. You can later modify these options in the Connections tab within a contact’s profile. Select Save.
(*Responsible Party contacts have full Dashboard and Document tab access, as well as the ability to update profile information and place investmenta within IMS.)
3. You will then land on the Profile tab within your newly created profile. To review and/or add additional connections, navigate to the Connections tab. Select Add Connection next to the section “Contacts with access to [contact name]’s profile."
4. Choose the desired profile. Check the box if you would like to add this contact as a responsible party for this profile. If not, they will strictly be a 'View Only' contact. Toggle individual or all share communication options if needed. Select Save.
5. You will see your newly connected contact in the list:
6. If you would like to add a Relationship Manager (Internal Team Member) to this contact, select Add Connection under the Relationship Managers section:
7. Choose the correct Team Member as the Relationship Manager of that contact. Choose the Relationship (Primary or Secondary) - then, choose the Relationship Manager Tags (Relationship Manager, Asset Manager, Advisor, Investor Relations, Broker). Select Save.
You’ll then see the Relationship Manager added to the list:
Entities - another investment vehicle that the investor can use to make an investment with, such as a Trust, LLC, or IRA.
Contacts - other individuals who have access to the investor’s profile, such as a CPA, financial planner, or anyone you want to give access to the profile.
Relationship Managers - internal associates that you can input for the investor to have primary/secondary contact with.
Responsible Parties - contacts that have the authority to place investments and/or update profile information for connected investor.
View Only - contacts that have the ability to access all documents, including K-1s, for the investor.
Share Communications - this connection will copy the shared contacts in the selected email communications from IMS. You can choose which communications you want to be shared with this connection, or choose for all of the following: Confirmed Investment Notifications, Commitment Notifications, Capital Call Notifications, Distribution Investor Notifications, Email Correspondence, and Document Notifications.