Export Banking/Tax Information
Sensitive Data Access can be configured for trusted Team Members that need to have access to sensitive banking and tax information that lives within IMS. Once enabled, a Team Member is able to see the full unencrypted banking and tax information for the investors that they select to export out of IMS. Follow the steps below to determine which permissions set your account is currently utilizing:
- Admin Settings > Team Members > Locate your name: If the second tab says Roles, a Super Admin user will automatically have Sensitive Data Access enabled, and can designate Sensitive Data Access for other Team Members.
- Admin Settings > Team Members > Locate your name: If the second tab says Functionality, users will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have this enabled on a user basis.
Step 1: Select the CRM tab, and then select Contacts. Choose the desired contacts to export this information by checking the boxes next to their name. Feel free to use the Advanced Search feature if you would like to filter to a specific group of contacts. Once you have the desired contacts checked, select Bulk Actions, and then select Export Banking/Tax Information from the drop-down menu:
Step 2: The pop-up will explain that you will be notified when the export is available in the "Exports" tab. Select OK if you wish to proceed:
Step 3: When the export is ready, you will receive a notification in the Notifications menu ("bell" icon), which will automatically open. Select the Download Export link:
Step 4: Once downloaded, open the Excel export. Notice the two tabs: 1) Sensitive Data by Profile and 2) Sensitive Data by Project. Both tabs contain unencrypted Tax ID and Bank Account information:
- A list of all data access exports will be housed in a Data Access Log. All documents contained here will be encrypted as they will be accessible by all Team Members. This log will detail what data was accessed, who accessed it, and when it was accessed.
- Users can sign up to receive a notification whenever sensitive data has been downloaded from the platform. This provides an easy way to add an additional layer of security and monitor when teammates are pulling Tax ID's and Bank Account data.
- Your export will be accessible for 5 days in the Exports tab instead of being emailed to you, for added security.
- When editing a CRM contact, you will now see an eye icon on the right side of the Tax Identification Number field. When selected, this will show the unencrypted tax ID: