To help you get started with building out your new project, we've included both a video and written step-by-step instructions to better suit all learning styles!
Below are some related articles you may find useful:
- How to Add an Entity to your Account
- How to Add Classes to your Project
- How to Create a Multi-Tiered Project
1. Select the Projects tab on the top bar. Select Project List. Select Add Project at the top right:
2. Complete the fields. Note the required fields as indicated by the red asterisk (*). Select Next:
- Project Type: CRE or Fund
- CRE - Investments directly into a particular property
- Fund - Investments into a fund that will then invest in multiple assets/CRE-type projects. Fund-specific Investor Dashboard displays options for Fund projects, including the ability to display a 'Fund Details Table' that shows investors detailed information on each of the Fund’s investments.
- Project Stage: To see what metrics are associated with which status below, check out the Helpcenter article on Offering Preferences.
- Investing- For CRE projects that are still raising capital and fund projects where you do not wish to automatically allow oversubscription.
- Invested- To be used when your capital raise is complete, but the project is still active.
- Liquidated- To be used when a project has been exited and is no longer distributing.
- Syndicating- Automatically allows oversubscription beyond the initial target amount. Designed for Fund projects
- Close/Exit Dates (optional - if known at the time)
- Publish Settings:
- One of several places where you can publish/unpublish your project.
- This drives whether the project and all associated information (sales offering, distributions, documents, etc.) appear in the Investor Portal.
- An unpublished project will not populate on an investor statement
- Show/Hide Classes:
- Makes it easier to build out your project, as it will be more intuitive from the Org Chart view of the project.
- Toggle the show classes toggle to the 'OFF' position after you've built the project (Project Actions > Edit Project) for an entity-only view of the org chart.
Step 3: Select the Details tab at the top of the page or simply click Next at the bottom. Complete the Asset information, which includes the property name, address, and various property details. Select Save.
Step 4: The newly added asset will appear in the list. To add an image or set of multiple images, select Add Images. Drag and drop or browse your files for the image(s). Select Done.
Multiple Asset Images: If you upload multiple asset images, you can click and drag the images to the position you wish for them to display on the Investor Portal. Also, note the ability to delete one single image at a time or 'Remove All' to remove all images at once. Once the correct order is set, select Done.
Step 5: Click the Direct Owner tab. Start typing to find the entity that you added from, or select 'Add a new entity.' Select Save.
Now it's time to create your classes! We recommend that any investors receiving payments in a similar manner via waterfall or Import Data workflows be grouped in a class (For example, a General Partner, a Limited Partner, or a Promote Partner). This also allows for each class to have its own individual sales offering.