eSignature Document Checklist
This document will take you through the process of preparing your documents for eSignature with IMS.
- Review the Basic Questions & Best Practices Guide – This will ensure you’re familiar with the process before getting started. Click here to jump directly into the full article.
- Create your eSignature template – Click here to jump directly into the full article.
- A template is comprised of your full set of offering documents. These will typically be project and class-specific, and they should include all documents that your investors will need to complete and sign.
- Before beginning, ensure that you have the final version of all documents for your offering. Once documents are prepared and sent to investors, it is very difficult to go back and make changes.
- Once you save your first coding session, you are unable to make any changes to the documents, Signer Type, or Additional Signer sections.
- Prepare the template for signature
- Review the list of variables that can pre-populate account, project, and CRM information in the document from the IMS CRM.
- Understand formatting options and best practices to make sure that everything is configured to streamline the investor experience.
- Start adding fields to your template. For more in-depth information on adding fields, please visit this article: Preparing a Document for Signatures
- Attach the template to your offering - Click here to learn more about setting up your offering.
- Navigate into your project and into the Entity. Jump into the Edit Classes page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you reach the Investor Signing Document section. Select “eSignature” and choose your template(s) and which class it applies to. Note: You can choose multiple eSignature templates for each offering.
- Add countersigners, if applicable. Note: You will add the same number of countersigners as you specified when creating the template.
- If you are using Invite to Invest functionality, you will still need to attach the template to the offering. In this case, you will keep the class toggle on the UNPUBLISH (left) position.
- Test your eSignature template.
- This allows you to run through the investor experience with test profiles and make any potential changes before providing full access to your investors.
- We recommend testing the document by placing test investments with all IMS investor types (Individual, Entity, Trust, SDIRA, and Joint Account), so that you can ensure the document is properly configured for each investor type.
- If you do not already have test profiles for each signer type, you can create these in the CRM by going to CRM > Contacts > Add Contact. These investments can then be deleted once you are satisfied with the investor experience during test runs.
If you find that changes need to be made to the eSignature template, you'll need to delete or void any investments made by using the template. You'll then need to navigate back to Documents > eSignature Templates, click on the template in question, and choose Edit Signing Document at the bottom of the page.
If you do not want your investors to see your offering / eSignature documents yet, we recommend creating a private class and only adding your test profiles to this class.