Email Segmentation is a method that Sponsors can use to send highly targeted emails to investors or prospect groups by dividing contacts into smaller groups, or “segments." Within our CRM feature, create segments of individuals based on the set criteria of your choosing.
Best Practices and Benefits
This tool is designed to create specificity within your CRM database. We recommend using this feature when communication is needed within a particular subset of your contact list; reach an exclusive group rather than creating a single message for the masses.
How To Use It
1. Navigate to the CRM tab and select the Segments subcategory. Then select Add Segment in the top right corner:
2. Begin creating your Segment by writing a Name and Segment Description. Next, navigate to the behavior conditions and select categories that pertain to the segment you’d like to create. Segments can be created based on the following conditions:
* Note: You can update the individuals in a segment group at any point but be aware the system will refresh the group overnight, so the changes will not be available until the following day. Any changes made to the segment will only affect future emails - it will not change recipients of previous emails sent.
- Project Association – Investors with contributions to selected projects
- Investment Amount (total) – Sum of contributions placed by the investor
- Investment Amount (average) – Total investment amount divided by the number of investments by a specific investor. If the investor has made multiple investments within a specific class, the system will use the sum of the contributions for that project. * Note: When using Investment Amount (total) or (average), the system will filter off the Relationship Value of the given investor.
- Investment Date - Date the investment was placed. * Note: If the investor has made multiple investments within a specific class, the system will consider each date individually.
- Investment Status - The current state of an investment. * Note: If the investor has made multiple investments within a specific class, the system will consider each status individually.
3. As you begin selecting the conditions for the system to gather individuals for the segment, the user count on the right-hand column will begin populating. Review the users in the grouping and ‘exclude’ any contacts if necessary. Once you are happy with the segment, select ‘save’ or ‘save & create campaign’ to begin an email campaign.
4. Utilize Segments for email campaigns as a marketing tool for new offerings, project check-ins, and updates, or use it to continue building relationships with certain investor subgroups in your CRM.
References & More Information
On the Segment landing page, there is a table consisting of the following data categories:
- Name - Customized based on your naming convention
- Description - Optional internal description that you may add to your segment and edit at any time
- User Count - Number will automatically reflect current contacts in the segment
- Campaign - Identify how many emails have been sent to this user segment
- Last Modified - Track the most recent changes to the segment
Segments will identify individuals based on the following criteria:
- An individual investor and any individual who is connected through "Share Communications - Email Correspondence" in the CRM of the individual investor.
- Both individuals of a joint account and any individuals who are connected through "Share Communications – Email Correspondence” in the CRM of that joint account.
- The responsible party for a Trust, Entity, or IRA and any individuals who are connected through "Share Communications – Email Correspondence” in the CRM of that trust account.