IMS provides the capability to upload investment data in bulk batches from an Excel template. This tool provides an easy method for clients to upload data quickly in a self-service fashion.
To upload a batch of investment data, you'll first want to select the Profile & Preferences menu (your name) at the top right, then select Import Data.
On the Import Data screen, you will land on the Upload tab. Select Investments to get started.
On the Investments screen, you will be prompted to select a Project and an Entity within that project where you would like the investments to be added.
Pro tip: If you have an existing Segment that contains the list of investors you'll be adding investments for, you can choose the Segment here. Otherwise, you will have the opportunity to add investors to the template manually.
After you've made these selections, select Download File.
Upon selecting Download File, you will be provided with an Excel template to populate with your investment information. On the worksheet labeled "Investments," you will see columns labeled with Required and Optional information. You will need to populate the Required fields before saving and uploading the template back into IMS.
- For ease of access, the IMS Investor Profile IDs will be found on the "Investor Profile IDs" tab within the template
- Class Name will be found within a dropdown menu
- Investment Amount will need to be entered in dollars and cents
- Investment Date will need to follow the MM/DD/YYYY format
- Ownership will need to be entered as a percentage
- Status will be found within a dropdown menu
- Investor Name may be entered, but the system will use the investor name tied to the IMS Investor Profile ID
- Preferred Return may be entered as a percentage if this rate will differ from the preferred return rate set for the class on the Edit Classes page of the project
- Payment Method may be chosen from a dropdown menu
- Received Date may be entered if the Investment Date is different from the date upon which funds were received and must follow the MM/DD/YYYY format
Pro tip: If the investments you are uploading bring your class over the Target Amount or the Ownership set on the Edit Classes page within the project, you will receive an error. We recommend verifying this information in the project before beginning the upload.
When you've entered the desired information into the Excel template, save it to your computer or network. Next, navigate back to the Import Data screen within IMS and choose Browse your files to locate the saved template or Drag and drop the template into the screen.
Once you've added the file, select Upload File.
After the file has been uploaded, you will have the opportunity to review the investments and make changes, if necessary. Once you are satisfied with the investment information, complete the upload of investments to the chosen project by selecting Save.
You'll receive a notification when the upload is complete.
Finally, you can navigate to the project to see the newly uploaded investments in the Cap Table.