- Build Project in IMS. Most importantly, the entity and class that will be raising equity. It is ideal to build the entire org chart, however if this is not finalized you can rework the structure after the deal is closed.
- Please have your final offering documents coded for DocuSign by IMS Support. Please allow up to 48 hours for your documents to be finalized.
- Decide how investors should experience the investment process
A. Published Project Tile and Investment Wizard
B. No Project Tile and Invite to Invest
- Publish a Project Tile for the class within the entity that is raising equity (Should this be a Private Raise? Private raises will display the Project Tile to a select group of investors)
- Update Tile metrics
- Build out Deal Room
- Three Informational Paragraphs
- Offering Documents (Not DocuSign Documents)
- Additional Offering Details
- Property Details
- Asset Images
- Investment Wizard
- Set Minimum and Maximum Investment Amount and Increments
- Choose Funding Preferences
- Mark documents for Acknowledgements Page
- Setup Confirmation E-mail. This is an optional, automated e-mail that sends wiring instructions to investor after they complete document.
- If Yes to Confirmation E-mail, upload Check and Wiring instructions
- Ensure Offering document coded for DocuSign is tested and finalized
- Walk through the Investment Wizard workflow to test process prior to opening Project Tile to investor base.
- Ensure all Investor Profiles are complete. Incomplete Investor Profiles will result in blank sections of the offering document. Investors will not be able to update their contact data directly on the document as this information auto-populates from the IMS CRM. For all investors within the deal: Make sure that all required profile information is accurate, such as: investor legal name, email, tax ID, address, phone number, executive name or trustee or custodian name, and jurisdiction of registration for profiles that are organizations.
- Ensure Offering document coded for DocuSign is tested and finalized.
- Populate committed amounts as pending investments within the respective class of your new offering project. This process is outlined in the Invite to Invest tutorial video.
- Setup Confirmation E-mail. This is an optional, automated e-mail that sends wiring instructions to an investor after they complete the offering documents via DocuSign.
- If Yes to Confirmation E-mail, upload Check and Wiring instructions.
- Walk through Invite to Invest process by adding in a fake investment and sending the document. If the Confirmation E-mail is activated, it may take up to two hours for this e-mail to send.
Before sending out invitations to invest, keep in mind:
- Only click the "invite to invest" button once; clicking this more than once will result in multiple documents being sent to the investors.
- The investment confirmation email has a phone number that pulls from the Support Phone in the Details sections of the account; be sure to update this to the internal (client) number you want investors to utilize.
- Remember to update check and wiring instructions prior to sending invitations out
- Keep in mind that all investor information will pull from the profile as it is in IMS.